Immunization Requirement for the MMR
All students registering as full time students at the University of Memphis must show documentation of two (2) MMR immunizations or documentation of immunity for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR). This requirement is mandatory under Tennessee State Law.
Your personal documentation must contain proof of 2 MMR vaccinations administered on or after your first birthday, or documented proof of immunity. Please check the information below to determine if you qualify for an exemption.
Acceptable documents are:
- The Certificate of Immunization form completed and signed by your doctor.
[Click here for a copy of the form]
- A copy of an official immunization card
- Documents/shot record from your local Public Health Department.
- A copy of the Military form DD214.
- Official documentation from a prior college or university.
- A positive result for all three components of the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Titer test.
- If you graduated from a Tennessee public or private high school between 1979 and 1998, you must provide documentation of ONE MMR immunization given after your graduation date or you can provide documentation of 2 MMR immunizations.
Documentation may be faxed, mailed or brought to the Health Center .
Our Mailing Address
Student Health Services
200 Hudson Health Center
Our fax number
The following students are not required to provide a copy of their MMR documentation:
- If you were born before 1957
- Part-time students (If status changes to full-time, documentation must be provided.)
- Undergraduate students who graduated from a Tennessee Public or Private High School in 1999 or thereafter.
- Graduate students who graduated from a Tennessee Public or Private High School in 1999 or thereafter and want to receive an exemption, can send Student Health Services a copy of their high school diploma.
- Were previous enrollment in a Tennessee public or private college or university (Not a Tennessee Technology Center ) with an enrollment of greater than 200 students; and previously enrolled as a full-time student for at least one semester after August 1, 2007.
NOTE: Students, who are required to submit their MMR documentation or proof of immunity, are not able to register for full-time credit hours until documentation is provided to Student Health Services.
MMR Vaccine is available at:
- Memphis Shelby County Health Department - (901) 544-7711
* Cost of the MMR is $65.00
- The Shot Nurse Immunization & Wellness Service - (901) 685-9999
* Cost of the MMR is $70.00
* The MMR Titer test is available. Please call the The Shot Nurse
Immunization & Wellness Service for the current cost.
* Note: Your primary care physician may also offer this vaccination.